Best SEO Tools For Field Service Businesses (2022)
July 1st, 2022
If you own a field service business, you probably already know how important it is to have a solid online presence these days.
Did you know Google handles 8.5 billion search queries every day?
The point is: People use Google to find plumbers, electricians, HVAC experts, and other service providers all the time.
And thanks to SEO tools, it’s not difficult to get in front of them either.
But, not all SEO tools are made equal. To make choosing the right one easy for you, we’ve covered the best ones in this post. Let’s get started.
Price: $99/month (No free trial) Ahrefs is arguably the best SEO toolkit in the market. So, if you’re serious about improving your website's local, national, or international rankings, Ahrefs may be the tool for you. And although Ahref’s price might be a little steep, you won’t have to invest in any other SEO tool ever again. From keyword research to competitor analysis to technical site audit, Ahrefs has everything you need to grow your Google presence. Here are some prominent Ahrefs features:
• Gives an in-depth analysis of organic search and backlink profile of any website • Lets you find the keywords your competitor is ranking for
• Get an extensive list of profitable keywords with monthly search volumes and ranking difficulty score
• Discover new content ideas
• Track your keywords’ rankings
• Audit your site for any on-page and technical SEO issues
In conclusion, Ahrefs offers every SEO feature you’d need to grow your business on Google and other search engines.
SEMrush is another powerful all-in-one SEO software. It’s one of the most popular tools in the SEO community and is used by all types of businesses. In addition to SEO guidance, SEMrush also helps you create paid ad strategies and manage social media and PR campaigns.
Here are some key features of SEMrush:
• Tells your site’s SEO health and potential improvements
• Compares with other domains
• Tracks your SEO performance
• Keeps a tab on your site’s security
• Finds low-competition, profitable keywords
• Groups your keywords by topic
• Tracks keyword positions
• Finds your site’s backlinks
• Tells their geolocations
Organic Traffic Insights
• Analyze keyword potential
• Merge search console and analytics data
Price: 30-day free trial with $99/month paid plan
Moz Pro is another reliable, all-in-one SEO toolkit.
The good thing is that It’s an easy-to-use tool, which makes it a suitable DIY SEO tool for all kinds of businesses.
Key Features of Moz Pro
• Keyword research and rank tracking
• Keyword analysis
• SERP (search engine results page) analysis
• Site crawling and audit
• On-page audit and suggestions
• Find link-building opportunities
• Custom reports
• Competitor research
All in all, Moz Pro comes with effective SEO features that can help you move your SEO efforts in the right direction and grow your service business.
Price: $209 per year with a free version.
Screaming Frog is one of the most popular and effective website crawlers out there.
The best thing is that its free version is enough for technical SEO audits.
However, the paid version comes with additional features like:
• Unlimited crawls
• Google Search Console integration
• Grammar check
• Google Analytics integration
• PageSpeed Insights integration
• Structured data and validation
• Free technical support
• And even more
In short, Screaming Frog crawls your entire website and gives you a detailed report.
This allows you to fix technical errors on your site, analyze the competition, and identify growth opportunities.
Price: $79/month with a 7-day free trial.
This one is perfect for businesses that want to:
• Track their website’s SEO performance
• Identify the type of content that’s working and that isn’t
• Find industry influencers
• Grow on social media with competitor analysis and social media posts’ performance
• Resell SEO services to other agencies (courtesy of the white label reports)
• Get data up to 12 months
• And, more
All in all, BuzzSumo helps you analyze competitors, find the right influencers, and identify content opportunities to attract prospects to your business.
If you want to keep a tab on your SEO efforts and make sure you’re moving in the right direction, Google Analytics is the tool for you.
It comes with a suite of powerful SEO features.
The best thing? It’s free and provides insights based on Google’s own database.
Google Analytics features include:
• Traffic measurement (By device type)
• Site speed
• Understand visitors’ demographics
• Real-time reporting
• Report automation
• Conversion funnel building
• And more
It’s incredibly powerful, but it does have a steep learning curve if you’re new to website analytics.
So, initially, what you want to do is only track the metrics that make the most sense for your business.
Google Search Console
If you have a website, integrating it with Google Search Console isn’t an option. It’s a necessity.
That’s how important this free SEO tool is.
The cool thing is it’s pretty straightforward to use.
Here’s what Google Search Console’s “Performance report” looks like:
Scroll down a little, and you’ll see:
• Top queries
• Top ranking pages
• Top countries where traffic is coming from
• The type of devices people are using to access your site
• And date-wise results
Clearly, there’s a lot Google Search Console tells you about your site’s SEO traffic.
Moreover, it helps you find and fix any indexing issues. It also tells you if your site is mobile-friendly or not.
Field service businesses that have a sizeable online audience can’t afford to ignore their site’s SEO.
If you want to stay ahead of the curve, you don’t only need a solid SEO strategy, you also need the right tools to execute it. There are plenty of SEO tools out there, but in this guide, we’ve only covered the cream of the crop. Keep in mind that you don’t have to use all these tools. Just go with the ones that can help your business’s online visibility.